Monday, April 16, 2012

First day of placement bittersweet

So I finished my first day of placement, and its been really good, considering everything its the opposite to all my previous experiences. I mean everyone is actually nice! what a concept! They don't mind answering my questions, and they want to teach, I couldn't believe it. The patients actually want to get better, I mean wow. I feel really lucky, and hopefully I won't dissapoint, and will learn quite a bit.

Why bittersweet? Well my good friend has turned out to have a really bad placement, and I feel partly responsible since I helped her choose the places. I know how much it sucks to have a bad placement, because I've had my share of them, and a long commute makes it that much worse, so I really hope it works out for her. Sometimes I really wish we could set up our own placements because that would make things 10X better, because then at least we'd be able to work with people we want to and actually get along with, not just a random luck with compatibility.

In other news, I still don't have the motivation to study for the national exam....oh well, by the weekend maybe I'll start to feel the pressure.

No comments:

Post a Comment