Thursday, April 7, 2011

Insane March

So my second large unit is done and boy has it been insane. I don't think I've ever studies as much and been this stressed before. We had 5 large tests and practical exams in the span of 4 weeks, total madness.

Going into this program was a gamble and I knew I would have to work a lot harder than a lot of other people that did Kine as their undergrad but the interesting fact is if I did do Kine I would not be able to get in at all. I envy the people that can study, work and still have time to go to parties and enjoy life, I was the person that practiced the most, was the first person to arrive and the last person to leave the labs and still managed to only barely pass....there were quite a few days where I left at 7am and came home 8pm. Most days I did not have more than 5 hours of sleep and my body actually adapted due to the stress and I was no longer falling asleep, although that was probably from the adrenalin. I did not have a breakdown but I did develop some bad acne and in the end was eating 10 large oranges a day to reduce the stress, since I could not have any sweets or chocolate since that made my acne worse. The other signs of extreme stress is that my heart palpitations came back and I started wheezing again..

Thankfully it is over, and I do have my 2nd clinical placement to look forward to, now if I could only figure out how to hear the different lung sounds...

No comments:

Post a Comment