Monday, April 18, 2011

Hospital Paperwork

I have realized the thing I hate most about the hospital environment is the amount of paperwork that needs to be done. After spending 30 min walking the person and monitoring their hr, I have to spend another 30 min writing a 1.5 page essay about the 20 gazillion aspects of the walk, why? Well its because of lawsuits! In some rare case that someone decides to sue us, the proper documentation saves our hide, since we documented everything.

So in this twisted world, it is more important to spend 30 min documenting instead of helping another person....I didn't mention the 15 min I have to spend before seeing the person, trying to read other people's completely not legible writing and reading through 20 pages of the chart trying to find out where the information I need is located....very frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment