Saturday, October 30, 2010

First Clinical Experience

So, this week I had my first clinical experience and I am feeling completely overwhelmed.... it is a lot harder to see really sick patients than I first thought......

How are you supposed to feel when you see a patient that can't walk 100m and can die at anytime.... I am just feeling very overwhelmed and depressed............The main problem is caring, I always thought that hospital workers are very uncaring but the main problem is if you care too much then you can't do your job and can't handle the pressure.

I almost feel different that I understand their disease and yet can't do anything to help them, I feel I can't even relate to others that haven't gone through it because it is so hard, it really does change you.

I always though PT job was so easy, just get the person to walk and improve their functioning but there are a lot of other aspects including convincing to get better and knowing there are limits to get better and not everybody can improve 100%, I think this is the hardest part of the job, knowing the limits.....

No comments:

Post a Comment